Call me for all your real estate needs @ 973-233-2040.
VERONA NJ - Small Town Charm in Essex County
- Verona is a primarily residential community with a small town feel.
- The population is approximately 14,000 in a 2.8 square mile area.
- You will find mostly colonials in town, dating back to the early 1900s. There are smaller numbers of cape cods, bi-levels, split levels and ranches. Condominium living is available in several townhouse developments, garden apartments and the high-rise complex, Claridge House.
- You can still buy a one bedroom condominium for under $200,000; some larger homes have sold over $1,000.000. Through 2008, the highest selling property, a six bedroom colonial, sold close to $1,500.000.
- Verona Park, with its lovely lake attracts visitors who enjoy the many walking paths, playground and paddleboats.
- Verona public schools consists of four neighborhood elementary schools, one middle school and one high school, totaling approximately 2,000 students.
- Verona is 15 miles west of the Hudson River. It is only about one mile to Interstate 280 and close to other major highways. DeCamp provides bus service to Port Authority New York, via Bloomfield Avenue.
- Community center, town pool and tennis courts provide recreational activities for town residents.
- In median sale price of single family homes (including condominiums and co-ops) from 2003-2012 was:
2012 - $315,000
2011 - $384,000
2010 - $350,000
2009 - $380,000
2007 - $419,000
2006 - $432,000
2005 - $422,000
2004 - $382,000
2003 - $329,000
|Grover Cleveland Park|
THE CALDWELLS NJ - Caldwell, North Caldwell & West Caldwell
The Caldwells consist of three communities: Caldwell, West Caldwell and North Caldwell. The beauty of the Watchung mountains, with forests, streams and farmland first attracted settlers in the early 1700’s. The Township of Caldwell, which incorporated The Caldwells, Cedar Grove, Fairfield and Verona was formed after the Revolutionary War, taking its name to honor James Caldwell, a minister who aided Washington’s troops during the war. The town boundaries which exist today were defined almost a century later.
Caldwell and West Caldwell have a wide range of home styles, spanning hundreds of years. Although there is very little vacant land, there are some recently built townhouses and converted garden apartment complexes. In 2010, the median sale price for single family homes (including condominiums and coops) in Caldwell and West Caldwell was 372,000 and $432,000 respectively. 2009-$345,000 & $450,000, 2008-$400,024 & $465,000, 2007-$420,000 & $480,000. There is a lively shopping district along Bloomfield Avenue, with restaurants, a movie theater and a host of retail establishments. The Caldwells are conveniently located close to Interstate 280, with easy access to New York and NJ roadways.
Caldwell (population 7,600) and West Caldwell (population 11,000) share a school district. There are four elementary schools, Grover Cleveland Middle School and James Caldwell High School. There are numerous recreational options available for town residents, including a community center, several pools and a variety of programs administered by the Parks & Recreation Department.
North Caldwell (population 7,400) is a quiet, residential community built on winding roads and wooded hills. The housing stock is more contemporary than its sister towns, with most homes constructed in the 1950’s and 1960’s. The median sale price for single family homes (including condominiums and coops) in 2010 was $663,000. It was $689,000 in 2009 and $745,000 in 2008. Residents can partake in a variety of recreational activities, including tennis and swimming. Dining and shopping are available in neighboring towns.
|West Caldwell Civic Center|
Request my Free Relocation Package. Moving your family to another town or state is a major event in your life! I am Certified Cartus Relocation Specialist. I have helped many families and individuals relocate to Montclair NJ and the surrounding communities. To start you off in your search, I will send you a Town Information Guide and an area map.
It's my job to know EVERYTHING about Montclair, Bloomfield, Cedar Grove, West Orange, Glen Ridge, Nutley, The Caldwells and Verona. Ask me any question. Or request a FREE information package. There's no obligation, and I promise to get back to you quickly...